When turned on, Wi-Fi Calling might enhance name high quality whereas indoors.
What is WiFi calling?
WiFi calling is regular calling on your cellphone, except your carrier routes the call over an available WiFi network instead of its cellular network. When you call, your phone automatically selects the best network — cellular or WiFi — you don’t need to do anything.
- For Wi-Fi Calling to work, confirm:
- Wi-Fi is turned on and linked.
- HD Voice is activated first whereas within the Verizon wi-fi protection space (cannot be activated internationally).
- Wi-Fi calls all the time originate within the US, even while you’re exterior of the US.
- Calls to US numbers will not be billed (aside from 411 or different premium calls).
- Calls to worldwide numbers are billed based on your worldwide lengthy distance plan.
- From a Home display, faucet the Phone icon (lower-left).
- Tap the Menu icon then faucet Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Calling swap to activate or off .
If activating Wi-Fi Calling for the primary time:
- Tap Activate Wi-Fi Calling.
- Review the Terms & Conditions then faucet CONTINUE.
Ensure the Terms & Conditions possibility is checked .
- Enter the emergency location info (E911) tackle then faucet SAVE.
This data will get transmitted to the emergency dispatcher for all 911 Wi-Fi calls. If tackle validation fails, you will be required to re-enter a legitimate tackle.
Upon profitable validation of the tackle, Wi-Fi Calling activates.
To choose your calling desire whereas touring exterior the Verizon wi-fi protection space or internationally, guarantee Wi-Fi calling is turned on, faucet When Roaming, choose ‘Prefer Other Cellular Networks’ or ‘Prefer Wi-Fi’ then restart the gadget.